CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE RIGHT WAY
It has been said one of the best things in life is a warm chocolate chip cookie…I agree. The recipe below is my recipe. It is an accumulation of recipe tasting and chocolate chip combinations. It is tried and true and I think it’s the best. My husband thinks so too.
This recipe is written in weight measure not volume.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
8 ounces – Butter (unsalted and room temperature)
7 ounces – Brown Sugar (light or dark)
7 ounces – Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
2 large eggs (room temperature)
13.25 ounces – All-purpose flour
Pinch of table salt
1 teaspoon – Baking Soda
1 pound – Chocolate Chips (bittersweet, semi-sweet, milk)
¼ teaspoon – Espresso powder
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add vanilla and eggs slowly. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
3. Add dries and chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
4. Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 16 minutes or until edges are brown and middle is set.
1. This recipe makes 48 cookies using a #40 size cookie scoop.
2. Use any combination of chocolate chips or any single chip.
3. Whisk espresso powder into flour.
4. Portion out the cookies, then freeze them on a cookie sheet before baking. Then you can bake as many or few as you want. You will have chocolate chip cookies in the freezer ready to bake.
5. To intensify the flavor of the cookies, allow the dough to set at least 24 hours before baking.
6. If you find your last scoop of dough is missing chips, just toss a few in the bowl. Every cookie should be full of chocolate chip deliciousness.